The Trust operates an automatic number plate recognition car parking system on its sites and is provided by ParkingEye. Spaces are limited and there is no guarantee of a car park space. Therefore you are advised to allow time to find a parking space.
Sites and Parking Availability
South Tyneside District Hospital
Parking for staff, patients and visitors is marked at various car parks on site. Patients and visitors should refrain from parking in staff only areas.
(Premium Parking at South Tyneside District Hospital) is available on site for staff who pay for this service. Please contact General Office for further information.
Palmer Community Hospital
Parking is available for staff, patients and visitors. Patients and visitors should refrain from parking in Staff Only Reserved bays.
Parking is available for staff, patients and visitors.
One of our car parks on the South Tyneside District Hospital Site is for Haven Court Staff Only. This is clearly marked and can be found adjacent to the Harton Lane entrance to the hospital. Trust staff should refrain from using this car park.
Options for Registering your Blue Badge
All disabled badge holders must be registered on our system in order to avoid being issued with a parking charge notice. If you park on site or wish to park on site and you have not registered your details you can:
- Telephone our General Office at South Tyneside District Hospital on 0191 404 1094 (extension 1094)
- Enter your details into a small machine on Ingham Wing Reception
- Register your blue badge directly with Parking Eye on line
By entering your details you will be registered to park at:
- South Tyneside District Hospital
- Palmer Community Hospital
- In order to improve your experience, we have upgraded our payment kiosks. At the end of your stay please visit one of the kiosks and follow the on-screen instructions. Once you have confirmed your vehicle registration the machine will display how much you need to pay.
- We have also introduced new signage across the South Tyneside District Hospital site to assist all drivers.
- The Parking Kiosks are located in the following areas: -
- Ingham Wing Reception
- Maternity (outside of the main door)
- Maternity (adjacent to the lifts)
- Outpatients’ Department
- Emergency Care Centre Reception
Long Stay Inpatients
- Relatives or visitors of long stay inpatients can purchase reduced parking from the General Office at South Tyneside District Hospital. The contact telephone number for the General Office is 0191 4041094, the office is open 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- The cost of reduced parking is £3.00 per day and this should be authorised by a nurse manager.
- There is also an option to purchase a weekly discounted parking ticket at £10.00 per week.
- Up to 20 mins Free
- Up to 1 hour £2.00
- Up to 2 hours £3.00
- Up to 3 hours £4.50
- Up to 24 hours £8.00
- Weekly discount ticket £10.00
How to Pay
- You should pay on departure at any of the Kiosk’s which take cash and card payments and also gives change. You will need to supply your full, correct vehicle registration.
- Paybyphone is also available. You should download the app or visit paybyphone.co.uk. Text REG and your registration to 65565. Call and follow instructions 0330 400 7275 Location: 88539.
The ParkingEye Helpline number is 0333 1235 990 and is available 09.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Parking Charge Notices
- PCN’s will be issued if you are not parked in an authorised bay or you have parked without paying the correct tariff or permit.
- If you receive a Parking Charge Notice in error, you have the right to appeal directly to ParkingEye (attaching any evidence to support your appeal) who will consider your appeal fairly and will endeavour to respond to you within 21 days.
- To appeal you will need to follow the guidance on the back of the Parking Charge Notice you have received. You can also view more information and appeal through the ParkingEye website www.parkingeye.co.uk